Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bear Finds Home


I have always wanted a home; and when Pastor Jim and Sister Pat stopped at a nursery named the Enchanted Garden, I found a perfect house for me. It was scaled just to my size with all the room I would ever need. Even the landscaping was great.

I was ready to move in but Pastor Jim said it wasn’t a home. He said that home is where your heart is; and although this was fine house, it would never be a home because my heart would always be with my family. That is true. It is a nice house but it would be a lonely house without my family.

The Bible tells Christians that where their heart is there is also their treasurer. Since Pastor Jim’s and Sister Pat’s heart is with the Lord, they long for their home in heaven. But! While here on earth, the Lord has also given them His Spirit to dwell in them so that they can have a touch of home while doing the Lord’s work. Pastor Jim says the Holy Spirit is the assurance that some day they will be at home with the Lord.

I thought about what he said as we drove out of the Enchanted Garden sitting between Pastor Jim and Sister Pat. I am at home – sitting between the two people I love. Sister Pat must have been thinking the same as she reached over and patted me on the head. If heaven is greater than this then it truly must be a wonderful place – and that is the Bear Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment